This was the virtual WSMA meeting on Tuesday, April 14th, 2020, at 2:00 pm PST, featuring guest speakers:
- Kerrie Herd, Seattle District, Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Kaaren Roe, Section Manager, Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG), Washington State Department of Commerce
- John Stanford, Director of Advocacy, Association for Enterprise Opportunity (AEO)
This WSMA Webinar is for Microenterprise Development Organizations (MDOs) and other providers who are serving independent contractors, farmers, microbusinesses, etc., in Washington State, during this pandemic crisis.
Our speakers presented information about the CARES Act, CDBG and other funding sources that support:
- Nonprofit Microenterprise Development Organizations, and
- The businesses MDOs serve, including: Independent Contractors, businesses with 5 or fewer employees, rural businesses and entrepreneurs from marginalized communities, including people with disabilities, people of color, Spanish & other language speakers, veterans, etc.
Click here to listen to the recording of this webinar.
Here are some of the references and resources that we discussed during this call:
U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Relief Updates as of 4-14-20
The United States Treasury’s Information on the Paycheck Protection Program & Other COVID-19 Disaster Resources
The USDA COVID-19 Federal COVID-19 Rural Resource Guide
The Paycheck Protection Program Report by the U.S. Small Business Administration
U.S.Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Emergency Loans: Small Business Guide & Checklist
USDA Implements Immediate Measures to Help Rural Residents, Businesses and Communities Affected by COVID-19